How to Use Flight Credit AA: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you have flight credit with American Airlines (AA) and are unsure about how to use it, this article will guide you through the process. Whether you received flight credit due to a canceled flight or a change in travel plans, here’s what you need to know to make the most of your credit.
1. Check the expiration date: The first step is to determine when your flight credit expires. AA typically provides a one-year window for using flight credits, so be sure to note the expiration date to avoid any last-minute surprises.
2. Access your flight credit: To access your flight credit, visit the AA website and log into your account. Under the “My Trips” section, you will find your flight credit information, including the amount and expiration date.
3. Search for flights: Once you have accessed your flight credit, search for flights as you would normally do. Enter your desired destinations and travel dates, and AA’s website will show you available flights. Keep in mind that flight credit can only be applied to AA flights.
4. Apply your flight credit: During the booking process, you will reach a payment page where you can apply your flight credit. Look for the option to use your flight credit and enter the amount you wish to use. AA’s system will deduct the credit from your total, and you will only be responsible for paying any remaining balance.
5. Book your flight: After applying your flight credit, proceed with the booking process. Review your flight details, select your preferred seats, and complete the payment for any remaining balance. Once the booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with your flight details.
6. Manage changes: If you need to make changes to your flight after using flight credit, AA allows modifications within the same ticket value. However, keep in mind that any fare difference or additional fees may apply.
Q1. Can I use flight credit for someone else’s ticket?
A1. Yes, flight credits can be used for anyone, not just the person whose flight was originally canceled.
Q2. Can I use flight credit for multiple bookings?
A2. Yes, you can use flight credit for multiple bookings until the full credit amount is exhausted or the expiration date is reached.
Q3. Can I use flight credit for international flights?
A3. Yes, flight credit can be used for both domestic and international flights operated by American Airlines.
Q4. Can I combine flight credit with other forms of payment?
A4. Yes, flight credit can be combined with other payment methods, such as credit cards, to cover the cost of your booking.
Q5. What happens if I don’t use the full flight credit amount?
A5. If you don’t use the full amount, the remaining credit will be available for future use until the expiration date.
Q6. Can I use flight credit for upgrades or additional services?
A6. Yes, flight credit can be used to pay for upgrades, baggage fees, or other additional services offered by American Airlines.
Q7. Can I transfer flight credit to another person?
A7. No, flight credit is non-transferable and can only be used by the original recipient.
By following these steps and understanding the FAQs, you can make the most of your flight credit with American Airlines. Remember to check the expiration date, apply your credit during the booking process, and enjoy your next flight hassle-free.