How to Use My American Airlines Credit
American Airlines offers a credit system that allows customers to use their credit towards future flights, upgrades, and other travel-related expenses. If you have American Airlines credit that you would like to use, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:
1. Check the balance: Before planning your trip, it’s important to know how much credit you have available. Log in to your American Airlines account on their website or mobile app to check your credit balance.
2. Book a flight: Once you know your credit balance, you can start planning your trip. When booking a flight on the American Airlines website, you will have the option to apply your credit towards the total cost of the flight. Simply select the credit amount you wish to use during the booking process.
3. Upgrade your seat: If you have enough credit, you can also use it to upgrade your seat. During the flight booking process, you will be given the option to upgrade to a higher class of service. Choose the upgrade option and apply your credit towards the additional cost.
4. Pay for ancillary services: American Airlines credit can also be used to pay for ancillary services such as checked baggage fees, priority boarding, or in-flight Wi-Fi. When booking your flight or managing your reservation, select the services you would like to add and use your credit to pay for them.
5. Use for future flights: If you don’t have an immediate travel plan, you can save your American Airlines credit for future flights. The credit does not expire and can be used towards any eligible American Airlines flight in the future.
6. Combine with other payment methods: If your credit balance is not sufficient to cover the entire cost of your booking, you can use it in combination with other payment methods. During the booking process, you will have the option to pay the remaining balance with a credit card or other accepted forms of payment.
7. Contact customer service: If you encounter any issues while using your American Airlines credit, it’s best to reach out to their customer service for assistance. They will be able to guide you through the process or help resolve any problems you may encounter.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Is my American Airlines credit transferable to someone else?
No, the credit is non-transferable and can only be used by the account holder.
2. Can I use my credit for flights with partner airlines?
No, American Airlines credit can only be used for flights operated by American Airlines and American Eagle.
3. Can I redeem my credit for cash?
No, American Airlines credit can only be used for travel-related expenses and cannot be redeemed for cash.
4. What happens if I cancel my flight booked with credit?
If you cancel a flight booked with credit, the credit will be refunded back to your account for future use.
5. Can I use my credit for seat upgrades on partner airlines?
No, seat upgrades can only be applied to American Airlines flights.
6. Will my credit be applied automatically to my next booking?
No, you will need to manually select the credit amount you wish to use during the booking process.
7. Can I use my credit for group bookings?
Yes, you can use your credit for group bookings as long as the flights are operated by American Airlines.
In conclusion, using your American Airlines credit is a straightforward process. Whether you’re booking a flight, upgrading your seat, or paying for ancillary services, your credit can be applied towards a variety of travel-related expenses. Remember to check your balance, plan your trip accordingly, and contact customer service if you need assistance.