Where Do I Find My Flight Credit on American Airlines?
If you have unused flight credit on American Airlines, you may be wondering where to find this information and how to utilize it. American Airlines provides a simple and convenient way for customers to access their flight credits. Here’s a guide on where to find your flight credit and how to make the most of it.
To access your flight credit on American Airlines, you need to follow these steps:
1. Visit the American Airlines website: Open your preferred web browser and navigate to the official American Airlines website.
2. Log in to your account: If you already have an account, enter your login credentials. If you don’t have an account, create one using your email address and a password.
3. Go to the “My Trips” section: Once logged in, locate the “My Trips” tab on the main page. Click on it to access your upcoming trips.
4. View your flight credits: Within the “My Trips” section, you will find a list of your upcoming flights. Any available flight credits will be displayed under each respective trip. You can view the amount of credit and the expiration date.
5. Utilize your flight credit: When booking a new flight, the flight credit will automatically be applied during the payment process. If the credit amount exceeds the cost of the new flight, the remaining balance will remain in your account for future use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How do I know if I have flight credit on American Airlines?
– You can check if you have flight credit by logging into your American Airlines account and viewing the “My Trips” section.
2. Can I use flight credit for someone else’s ticket?
– Yes, you can use your flight credit to book a ticket for someone else, as long as you are the one making the booking.
3. How long is flight credit valid?
– Flight credits on American Airlines are typically valid for one year from the date of issuance.
4. Can flight credit be used for international flights?
– Yes, flight credit can be used for both domestic and international flights on American Airlines.
5. Can I combine multiple flight credits?
– Yes, multiple flight credits can be combined to book a single ticket.
6. What happens if I don’t use all my flight credit on one ticket?
– If you don’t use the entire amount of your flight credit on one ticket, the remaining balance will remain in your account for future use until the expiration date.
7. Can flight credit be used for baggage fees or other services?
– No, flight credits can only be used towards the purchase of airline tickets on American Airlines.
Remember, it’s important to regularly check your flight credit balance and expiration date to ensure you make the most of your credit. By following the steps above, you can easily access your flight credit on American Airlines and use it towards your future travel plans.